Position: MOBILE EQUIPMENT PLANNER
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard mine
Homeports: Chibougamau-Chapais, Val d’Or, Quebec and St-Hubert airports
Under the supervision of the Senior Planner, the Mobile Equipment Planner is responsible for producing schedules for the maintenance of the mobile equipment fleet. He/she ensures that material and human resources are optimized to maximize equipment performance while minimizing operating costs.
- Coordinate and assign maintenance and mobile mechanical installation activities according to the needs of the company;
- Establish schedules and required work procedures in coordination with other departments/divisions to ensure safe and efficient completion of activities;
- Plan maintenance activities and ensure that each member of the maintenance team works in an adequate and optimal manner in accordance with the procedures, regulations and policies in effect;
- Ensure the training of maintenance department employees in accordance with safety standards and company policies;
- Coordinate and assign tasks to subcontractors;
- Ensure the follow-up of the preventive maintenance program;
- Manage inventories of materials and spare parts required for equipment maintenance;
- Prepare requisitions for the purchase of tools, equipment, supplies and materials required by the department from the purchasing department;
- Enter data related to maintenance activities into the integrated management software;
- Develop and maintain performance indicators (KPI);
- Work in close collaboration with the supervision of the maintenance department;
- Evaluate capital requirements for asset maintenance in the annual budget preparation process;
- Perform all other related tasks;
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role;
- Having a DCS in industrial maintenance (an asset);
- 3 years experience with computerized maintenance management software such as Guide TI (an asset);
- Knowledge of Microsoft software (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc);
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team;
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Experience working in a multicultural environment;
- Exemplary attitude towards health and safety
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.