Miyuuhpichinaausuwin Apatisiiwin – Pedagogical Officer
The Pedagogical Officer (PO) is responsible for providing professional and technical support to the local Pedagogical Counsellors (PC) and Coordinators of the Childcare Centres. More specifically, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring that the best possible quality of services is provided to children and families in the Childcare Centres and that quality educational content is offered through the childcare centres and that each child in the center have a completed educational file.
- Provide advice, support and tools to Pedagogical Counsellors, Coordinators and Educators so they can understand objectives of the Cree Educational Program and feel equipped to implement it in their playrooms.
- Collaborate with the Pedagogical Advisor in the development of assessment and developmental tools for the local Pedagogical Counsellors, Coordinators and Educators so they can understand the objectives of the Educational Program and feel equipped to implement it in their playrooms.
- Work with the Pedagogical Advisor to ensure that local Pedagogical Counsellors and Coordinators support their Educators in the development of plans for educational activities and that they are applied.
- Collaborate with the Inspection Officer to ensure that the children’s files are complete, up to date and accessible in the playroom.
- Support the Pedagogical Counsellorsin the preparation of the educational file of the child.
- Act as a resource person in the planning and development of educational activities within the Cree Childcare Centres.
- Participate in the organization and facilitation of regional training sessions and conference calls for local Pedagogical Counsellors and Coordinators, as required.
- Support the local Pedagogical Counsellors and the Coordinators in organizing training sessions and facilitate in-house training workshops.
- Collaborate with the department of Miyuuhpichinaausuwin Apatisiiwin (MA), assist in the development of standards for the provision of quality educational services for each of the programs in place in the childcare centres.
- Ensure that childcare centres provide users with a copy of the periodic portrait of the child’s development.
- Coach the local Pedagogical Counsellors and Coordinators when needed on how to take leadership within their Educators’ team, and coach them on how to work cooperatively in the development plans for the Cree Educational Program (weekly themes, rotation of materials, learning centres, activities, etc.).
- Provide support to the Pedagogical Counsellors when needed, to ensure that the Cree Educational Program standards are implemented in all facilities (learning centres, labelling, transitions and routines, activities, democratic interventions, etc.) ensuring that high-quality educational programs are implemented.
- Provide regular updates on childcare centers status of compliance to children’s educational files to the MA department.
- Evaluate the delivery of the Cree Educational Program within each facility and provide reports to Coordinators and Directors.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required
- College Diploma in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good understanding of child growth and development, and of age-appropriate activity programming.
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both oral and written.
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Strong judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Typical office setting with no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to work irregular hours.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Must agree to undergo a background check.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
Pay Type: Salary
Min. Hiring Rate: $58,181.00
Max. Hiring Rate: $77,672.00
To apply, click HERE and sign-in or create an account.