- Period Of EmploymentContract
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP)
Réf. : ELE00002632
Newmont Goldcorp is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont Goldcorp is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont Goldcorp was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The mining trainer is part of the safety and health, Environment and formation team. He/she is responsible developing training programs for all mining operations. He/she identifies training requirements and trains workers. He/she identifies and targets the training needs and priorities and trains the workers, while ensuring diligent follow-up.
- Collaborate with the mine training supervisor to evaluate job positions and identify training requirements.
- Develop training programs that comply with current standards (CNSST, CSOB, etc.).
- Offer theoretical and practical training to all mining works: Mining worker modular training (M.W.M.T), underground and surface mobile equipment training, etc.
- Coordinate training logistics.
- Produce documents on given training to ensure the issuance of competency cards and certificate if appropriate.
- Respect, know and promote the organization’s rules and policies, particularly health and safety.
- All other related tasks.
- Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Combination of studies and experience relevant to the job
- Minimum 10 years work experience in the mining industry, with at least 5 years’ experience in training
- Mining worker modular training accreditation (M.W.M.T.)
- Computer knowledge and knowledge of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Organizational Skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Teaching skills
- Team work in a multicultural environment
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmontgoldcorp.com/careers no later than January 10th, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont Goldcorp is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.