Mining Trainer Réf. : 9687
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The mining trainer is part of the mining training and safety team and is responsible developing training programs for all mining operations. He/she identifies training requirements and trains workers. He/she identifies and targets the training needs and priorities and trains the workers, while ensuring diligent follow-up and traceability of the training provided.
- In collaboration with the team of trainers and the mine management, evaluate job positions and identify training requirements
- Develop training programs that comply with current standards (CNSST, CSOB, etc.)
- Offer theoretical and practical training to all mining works: Mining worker modular training (M.W.M.T), underground and surface mobile equipment training, etc.
- Coordinate training logistics
- Produce documents on given training to ensure the issuance of competency cards and certificate if appropriate
- Ensure the integration of Cree employees by promoting an integrative approach based on the development of essential skills
- Respect, know and promote the organization’s rules and policies, particularly health and safety
- All other related tasks.Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- High school diploma
- Minimum 10 years work experience in the mining industry
- Previous training experience an asset
- Mining worker modular training accreditation (M.W.M.T.)
- Computer knowledge and knowledge of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Bilingualism essential
- Organizational Skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Teaching skills
- Team work in a multicultural environment
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than January 29th, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.