Position: Mining trainer
Requisition Number: 1637
Schedule: 7 days of work followed by 7 days off
Location: Renard Mine
Homeports: Val-d’Or, Chapais-Chibougamau, St-Hubert or Quebec
Stornoway is recruiting a Mining Trainer (surface and underground plant). Reporting to the Human Resources Business Partner, you are a key member of the training team. You will participate in the development of training material and deliver various training programs in accordance with the requirements of the mine site departments and the regulations in force. You will combine your knowledge and experience to provide quality training on surface and underground operations.
You will contribute to the success of the organization by fulfilling the following responsibilities
- Provide employees with the knowledge required to perform their duties properly;
- Regularly verify employee learning through theoretical exams and practical evaluation grids;
- Provide field presence to production employees to maximize their experience in developing their skills and abilities;
- Provide feedback to the employee as a result of their learning;
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with department heads to optimize our partners’ customer experience;
- Write, correct and improve training for distribution to workers;
- Create computer access for workers who need to take online training;
- Prepare the class and the documents needed to deliver the training;
- Inform the supervisor of the employee’s progress and any problems that may arise during the transfer of knowledge;
- Compile results and track learning in the computer database.
What do you need to succeed?
- You have a DEP in mineral extraction or any other training with equivalent experience;
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a trainer;
- You have experience in the operation of process, surface or underground mining equipment
- You have great teaching skills;
- You have experience as a trainer in the field of health and safety (working at heights, confined spaces, hot work, etc.) (an asset);
- You are a person focused on continuous improvement;
- You are bilingual (French and English) both orally and in writing;
- You have an interest in developing your skills and knowledge for training;
- You are a good team player and adapt easily to a changing environment;
- You have good computer skills (Email, Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- The modular training of the mining worker (FMTM) will be considered an asset;
- You have a valid driver’s license, the ASP construction certificate and the general explosives permit.
Who We Are
At Stornoway, our 530 employees are what define our company. We hire talented people who work as a team with passion, respect and integrity to work towards the prosperity of all. Together, we operate the first diamond mine in Quebec, the Renard Mine.
True to our values, we create opportunities for our employees to fulfill their career aspirations. We encourage and support teamwork as an integral part of our success. We work with integrity and honesty. We cultivate an environment of respect and inclusion and communicate openly at all levels of the organization. Finally, we look for talented, dedicated and committed people who work with passion. We recognize achievement, hard work and effort.
What we offer
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, a contribution to the retirement savings plan and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
We offer a safe work environment combined with several benefits:
– Easy access to the mine site via 4 home ports
– Private accommodation (Bedroom and bathroom)
– Large selection of meals
– Free wifi service at the camp
– Laundry facilities with soap provided
– Health & wellness program
– Weight room and arena
– Hiking trail – snowshoeing
– Leisure activities (painting, cooking, photography, movie nights, etc.)
– Reimbursement of protective eyewear with prescription
– Internal training program
– Reimbursement of tuition fees
– Reimbursement of membership fees to professional associations
– Relocation program (Chapais and Chibougamau) with financial support from Stornoway
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.