- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level College
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The mining technician – ventilation is part of the technical services team – engineering team. He is responsible for surveying ventilation, ventilation design specifications, corrective measures, and ventilation non-conformity follow-up. He tracks work in progress to ensure the economic, safe and ecological operation of the mine. Audits ventilation on-demand to ensure the correct flow is provided to active areas. Draws development plans for construction of ventilation controls construction.
• Ensure to take gas readings and flow rates in active work areas and if needed, request necessary corrective measures
• Issue all plans and specifications necessary for the installation of ventilation products
• Present on a weekly basis, the ventilation installation planning in accordance with development priorities recommended by engineering
• Participate in the maintenance of the ventilation on demand by performing calibrations of flow meters underground
• Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
• All tasks related to the performance of his duties
• Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
• College diploma in Mineral Technology
• 3 to 5 years experience in mineral technology, ideally in the underground mining industry
• Valid explosives license
• Mining Modules (F.M.T.M.) completed
• Good computer skills, including Deswik, Ventsim, SIMS and Microsoft Office
• Bilingualism is an asset
• Organizational skills
• Ability to analyze and solve problems
• Ability to work in a remote location and in a multicultural environment
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than March 2nd, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.