Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Reporting to the Engineering Supervisor, the incumbent is a member of the Eleonore mine Engineering department and will be assigned to one of the following departments : Survey, Ventilation, Drill and Blast, Mine planning. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring proper functioning of his or her department by carrying out underground follow-up visits, prints and standard layouts, by participating in various decision-making process and by carrying out all tasks inherent to the mining operation
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ensure the follow-up of the different workplaces in collaboration with the Mining Operations department
- Detail prints and standards to help deliver the mine plan
- Conduct QAQC underground visits
- Be involved with interns training
- Respect, know and promote the company’s regulations and policies, particularly in the area of health and safety
- All tasks related to the performance of his/her duties
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE :
- College diploma in Exploitation/Mineral Technology
- Minimum 5 years’ pertinent experience in an underground mine
- Valid driver license – Class 5
- Valid general explosives permit
- Mining modules (F.M.T.M. 1 to 5 and 7)
- Strong computer skills, including Deswik and Microsoft Office Suite
- Bilingualism is an asset (French and English)
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Ability to work in a remote location and in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Organizational skills
- Rigorous and thoroughness in his/her work
- Oral and written communication skills
YOUR WORKING CONDITIONS :
- Schedule: 14 days of work follow by 14 days of rest
- Eleonore Mine Site (fly-in, fly-out from Montreal, Chibougamau, Matagami, RouynNoranda, Val D’Or and Wemindji)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than June 22, 2023.
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination, as well as other vaccinations that are required or recommended for entry into certain Newmont operating countries, protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. As a result, please note that Newmont requires up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination for any international travel by the workforce undertaken on behalf of the company. In addition, other vaccinations (e.g., yellow fever vaccine) may be required or recommended for international travel to certain Newmont operating countries. If you are offered this position and the position entails international travel, you will need to comply with these requirements. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law. Newmont may update its vaccination requirements, at any time, in its sole discretion.