Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
Reporting to the Engineering Supervisor, the incumbent is a member of the Eleonore mine Engineering department and will be assigned to one of the following departments : Survey, Ventilation, Drill and Blast, Mine planning. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring proper functioning of his or her department by carrying out underground follow-up visits, prints and standard layouts, by participating in various decision-making process and by carrying out all tasks inherent to the mining operation.
- Ensure the follow-up of the different workplaces in collaboration with the Mining Operations department
- Detail prints and standards to help deliver the mine plan
- Conduct QAQC underground visits
- Be involved with interns training
- Respect, know and promote the company’s regulations and policies, particularly in the area of health and safety
- All tasks related to the performance of his/her duties
- College diploma in Exploitation/Mineral Technology
- Minimum 5 years’ pertinent experience in an underground mine
- Valid driver license – Class 5
- Valid general explosives permit
- Mining modules (F.M.T.M. 1 to 5 and 7)
- Strong computer skills, including Deswik and Microsoft Office Suite
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
- Ability to work in a remote location and in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Organizational skills
- Rigorous and thoroughness in his/her work
- Oral and written communication skills
WORK SCHEDULE AND LOCATION:
- Schedule: 14 days of work follow by 14 days of rest
- Eleonore mine site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than September 18, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law..