Réf. : ELE00002609
Newmont Goldcorp is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont Goldcorp is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont Goldcorp was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Mining Operations Manager is part of the management team. Mainly, he/she supervises and ensures deployment of mining operations and maintenance of the various equipment. He/She determines the strategic objectives of his/her sectors based on the vision, mission and values of the organization.
- Maintain the highest health and safety standards and see to it that they are applied
- Plan, organize, direct and control the activities of mining operations activities and maintenance of the various equipment
- Establish the objectives of his/her sectors based on the organization’s principles
- Define and manage the expenses of his department
- Oversee the development of the directives and procedures intended to structure the activities of his sectors
- Ensure constant representation of the mine on the Executive Committee
- Work closely with the technical services to ensure good planning of underground activities
- Oversee his/her team in the continuous improvement projects of the activities of his/her different sectors
- Manage and follow up on files requiring intervention at a higher level
- Ensure monitoring of the performance of his/her different sectors to control the quarterly results according to the performance indicators
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of his/her duties
- Schedule : 4 days of work followed by 3 days off
- University degree in Mining Engineering or the equivalent
- Seven (7) to twelve (12) years’ experience in a management position, preferably in the ore extraction sector
- Knowledge of IT
- Bilingualism (mandatory)
- Leadership and strategic vision
- Partnership and teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to manage and develop employees
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at https://goldcorp.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/directeur-directrice-des-op%C3%A9rations-mini%C3%A8res-2082 no later than October 17Th, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont Goldcorp is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.