- Period Of EmploymentContract
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Réf. : 2486
The Mining Drilling and Blasting Engineer is part of the Technical Services Team – Engineering. He/she is responsible for monitoring all work related to drilling and blasting underground. He/she also conducts follow-ups, drawings, data compilations and participates in decision-making.
- Monitoring of the various drilling and blasting worksites
- Perform drilling patterns and blasting sequences for construction sites
- Carry out the drilling and blasting plans and the design of the various specifications for the barricades
- Ensuring good drilling and blasting practices
- Perform dilution and recovery analyses of work sites
- Conduct borehole deviation analysisRespect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- All tasks related to the performance of his duties
- Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- University diploma in Mining Engineering
- 3 to 5 years in mining engineering, ideally in underground mining, including two (2) to three (3) years of experience in drilling and blasting
- Valid explosives permit
- Mining modules (F.M.T.M.) completed
- Good computer skills, including Deswik software
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Adaptability, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Organizational skills
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than April 5, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.