- Period Of Employment14/14 Rotation
This program is for the CREE COMMUNITY ONLY (You must be a Cree as defined in the James Bay Agreement to apply for this position).
The Apprentice Miner is part of the Mine Operations team. The Apprentice Miner is in an apprenticeship phase for the purpose of acquiring the knowledge and competencies required to hold a job as an underground miner. The Apprentice Miner will work on rotation among the various Mine Operations positions.
- Assist the mine production teams to perform various tasks
- Support maintenance of the shelters, material bay and fuel bay
- Support Ore Transportation Operations as needed
- Assist in maintenance of mining material
- Support transportation of equipment and materials in the various underground stopes
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of their duties
- Have zero (0) to one (1) year of experience.
- DEP (Diploma of Vocational Studies) in ore extraction (an advantage)
- Mining modules 1 to 5 and 7 (an advantage)
- Hold a general explosives permit and a driver’s licence (an advantage)
- Bilingual in French and English (an advantage)
- Be a Cree within the meaning of the James Bay Agreement
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than March 15, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position is based at Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, which is a fly-in/fly-out operation. Pursuant to the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, COVID-19 vaccination is required for all travelers departing from Canadian airports, which includes flights to/from Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, subject only to some very limited exemptions. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or confirming that you have an exemption from the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, prior to your anticipated start date. Further, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination or exemption status prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request.