- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level College
Position: MINE TRAINER (OPEN-PIT AND UNDERGROUND)
Department: Human Resources
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard mine
Homeports: Val-d’Or, Québec, Chibougamau-Chapais and St-Hubert airports
Stornoway is recruiting a Mine Trainer (surface and underground). Reporting to the HR Business Partner, you are a key member of the training team. You will participate in the development of training material and deliver various training programs in accordance with the requirements of the mine site departments and the regulations in force. You will combine your knowledge and experience to provide quality training on surface and underground operations.
Your main responsibilities
- Write, correct and improve training courses to be distributed to workers;
- Create computer access for workers who need to take online training;
- Prepare the classroom and materials needed to deliver the training;
- Provide the employee with the knowledge required to perform his or her tasks correctly;
- Regularly verify the employee’s learning through theory tests and practical evaluation grids;
- Provide feedback to the employee on their learning;
- Inform the supervisor of the employee’s progress and any problems that may arise during the transfer of knowledge;
- Develop and maintain a learning relationship with the employee with the assistance of a field instructor or buddy;
- Compile the results and follow up on learning in the computer database.
The profile we are looking for
- Mining Diploma or any other training with equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a trainer and operator of machinery and underground;
- You have experience as a trainer in the field of health and safety (working at heights, confined spaces, hot work, etc.) (an asset);
- You have experience and ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- You are a person focused on continuous improvement;
- You are bilingual (French and English) both orally and in writing;
- You have the ability to pass on your knowledge in various work teams;
- You have an interest in developing your skills and knowledge for training;
- You are a good team player and adapt easily to a changing environment;
- You possess strong leadership skills and have an exemplary attitude towards health and safety;
- Good computer skills required (Email, Internet, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and experience in implementing LMS software will be considered an asset;
- Possess the Mining Worker’s Modular Training (MWMT);
- Possess a valid driver’s license;
- Hold the ASP construction certificate and the general explosives permit (an asset).
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.