- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level College
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Mine Survey Technician is part of the Technical Services- Engineering team. The incumbent provides technical support for surveys and is responsible for monitoring, technical drawings, decisions and data compilation.
- Survey underground workplaces and conduct the layout of production and diamond drill holes in accordance with established procedures.
- Update and track Cad layers, plans and specific documents and classify information appropriately.
- Transmit information related to daily plans and follow-up on approval of those plans.
- Perform and check monthly calculations for the monthly bonus.
- Survey of surface stockpiles as well as surface survey tasks on-demand.
- Use tools and equipment such as a robotic total station as well as GPS, CALS, CMS, BLK and drone.
- Integration of new survey technology.
- Complete consumable material inventory as well as equipment maintenance.
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety.
- All other related tasks.
- Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- College diploma in Operations/Mineral Technology
- 1 to 3 years experience in mineral technology, ideally in the underground mining industry
- Valid explosives license
- Mining Modules (F.M.T.M.) completed
- Good computer skills, including Deswik, AutoCad, SIMS and Microsoft Office
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to work in a remote location and in a multicultural environment
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site
at www.newmont.com no later than March 2nd, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We
encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates
taking part in all aspects of the selection process.