Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favourable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Mine Supervisor is part of the supervision team in the mining operations sector. He/She oversees the mining activities.
Primarily, he/she must plan, organize, direct and coordinate the mine’s production, development, construction and services mining activities on a daily basis.
- Respect, be aware and promote company’s rules and policies particularly in health and safety
- Plan, organize, direct and coordinate the minors daily mining activities
- Coordinate and supervise the work to achieve the budget targets
- Ensure respect of work procedures to minimize and control the cost of his/her service
- Solve problems related to the mining activities and recommend measures to improve the productivity of his/her service
- Manage personnel, evaluate performance and see to employee development
- Estimate and ensure the availability of the human and material resources necessary to the execution of the work
- Maintain various reports and lists and periodically relate the status of ongoing activities
- All tasks related to the performance of his/her duties
- College diploma in Operations/Mineral Technology
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the underground mining industry, including two (2) years as a supervisor
- Mining modules 1 to 5 and 7
- Valid general explosives permit
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office Suite
- Organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to manage teams in a multicultural environment
- Ability to lead and develop employees
- 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
Interested candidates should send their resume or the application form by email at Recrutement.Accueil@Newmont.com no later than December 16, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview. As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. This position is based at Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, which is a fly-in/fly-out operation. Pursuant to the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, COVID-19 vaccination is required for all travelers departing from Canadian airports, which includes flights to/from Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, subject only to some very limited exemptions. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or confirming that you have an exemption from the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, prior to your anticipated start date. Further, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination or exemption status prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request.