Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The mine supervisor is part of the supervision team in the mining operations sector. He/She oversees the mining activities. Primarily, He/She must plan, organize, direct and coordinate the mine’s production, development, construction and services mining activities on a daily basis.
- Respect, be aware and promote company’s rules and politics particularly in health and safety
- Plan, organize, direct and coordinate the minors daily mining activities
- Coordinate and supervise the work to achieve the budget targets
- Ensure respect of work procedures to minimize and control the cost of his/her service
- Solve problems related to the mining activities and recommend measures to improve the productivity of his/her service
- Manage personnel, evaluate performance and see to employee development
- Estimate and ensure the availability of the human and material resources necessary to the execution of the work
- Maintain various reports and lists and periodically relate the status of ongoing activities
- Application of the coaching guide by using the work card and also the Booklet, Fatal risk management.
- All tasks related to the performance of his/her duties
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- College diploma in Operations/Mineral Technology
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the underground mining industry, including two (2) years as a supervisor
- Mining modules 1 to 5 and 7
- Valid general explosives permit
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office Suite
- Bilingualism, French & English (An asset)
WORKING CONDITIONS :
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Eleonore Mine Site (fly-in, fly-out from Montreal, Chibougamau, Matagami, RouynNoranda, Val D’Or and Wemindji)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than July 06, 2023.
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination, as well as other vaccinations that are required or recommended for entry into certain Newmont operating countries, protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. As a result, please note that Newmont requires up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination for any international travel by the workforce undertaken on behalf of the company. In addition, other vaccinations (e.g., yellow fever vaccine) may be required or recommended for international travel to certain Newmont operating countries. If you are offered this position and the position entails international travel, you will need to comply with these requirements. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law. Newmont may update its vaccination requirements, at any time, in its sole discretion.