Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Mining Operations Manager is an integral part of the management team. He/She supervises and ensures the successful deployment of mining operations and maintenance of various equipment. The incumbent in this role will work side by side with the GM on a shift and roster basis, providing valuable support and contributing to the overall success of the operation. They will have the opportunity to act as an interim GM during their absence, further enhancing their leadership skills and career progression opportunities. Additionally, they play a crucial role in determining the strategic objectives of their sectors, aligning them with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.
- Maintain the highest health and safety standards and ensure their consistent application
- Plan, organize, direct, and control mining operations activities and maintenance of
- Establish sector objectives based on the organization’s principles.
- Define and manage departmental expenses effectively.
- Oversee the development of directives and procedures to streamline sector activities
including addressing challenges to optimize jumbo bolting techniques.
- Ensure constant representation of the mine on the Executive Committee.
- Collaborate closely with technical services to ensure optimal planning of underground
- Lead and support continuous improvement projects in different sectors.
- Manage and follow up on high-level intervention cases.
- Monitor the performance of different sectors to ensure quarterly results align with
- Demonstrate respect, knowledge, and promotion of company regulations and policies,
particularly in health and safety.
- Perform any other tasks relevant to the role’s responsibilities.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering and /or electrical engineering, or
University degree in Mining Engineering or the equivalent
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years’ experience in a management position, preferably in the
ore extraction sector
- Proficient in IT.
- French – English Bilingualism (mandatory)
- Transformational leadership and strategic vision.
- Ability to foster partnerships and work effectively in a multicultural environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and transformational engagement skills with teams to
optimize enhanced mining techniques such as jumbo bolting, tele-assist remote loading,
in-the-hole hammer production drilling, gassed emulsion use, etc. .
- Competence in managing and developing employees.
- Demonstrated adaptability in dynamic work environments.
- Schedule: 8 days of work followed by 6 days off, 4 days of work followed by 3 days off, 4
days of work followed by 3 days off
- Eleonore mine site (fly-in, fly-out)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than July 26, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination, as well as other vaccinations that are required or recommended for entry into certain Newmont operating countries, protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. As a result, please note that Newmont requires up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination for any international travel by the workforce undertaken on behalf of the company. In addition, other vaccinations (e.g., yellow fever vaccine) may be required or recommended for international travel to certain Newmont operating countries. If you are offered this position and the position entails international travel, you will need to comply with these requirements. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law. Newmont may update its vaccination requirements, at any time, in its sole discretion.