Mine Mechanical Supervisor
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining
jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental,
social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in
1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Mobile Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor is part of the mining maintenance service supervision team. He supervises mobile mechanics. The Supervisor is mainly responsible for mechanical maintenance work for mining operations. He must organize, manage, and control mechanical maintenance activities. The Supervisor adheres to company principles by adopting a sustainable development-oriented management, an operation for excellence, and the organization’s code of conduct.
• Supervise maintenance activities and maintenance of the mine’s fleet of mobile equipment
• Provide support to the team regarding mechanical equipment
• Solve problems related to the activities of the sector and recommend measures to improve the department’s productivity
• Ensure smooth operations of overall activities and follow work procedures
• Manage staff, evaluate performance and oversee employee development
• Participate in special projects
• Respect, understand and promote company rules and policies, particularly in occupational health and safety
• All other work-related duties.
• University or college diploma in the field or a combination of studies and relevant experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in mechanical maintenance in the mining sector, with 2 of those years in supervision
• Computer knowledge including GMAO and SAP maintenance software
• Mining modules 1 to 5 and 7
• Valid general explosives permit
• Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset
• Organizational skills
• Ability to analyze and solve problems
• Team Management in a multicultural environment
• Ability to manage and develop employees
• Team work and partnerships
WORK SCHEDULE AND LOCATION
• Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
• Eleonore Mine site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com careers no later than October 5, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law.