Mine Maintenance Coordinator
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The maintenance coordinator is part of the maintenance group and works closely with the various teams in the maintenance and mine operations department. On an 8/6-4/3-4/3 schedule, he/she is in charge of coding, inventory and work on major components as well as updating the department’s equipment, mobile and electrical strategy programs. The incumbent demonstrates leadership and teamwork to help the department achieve established goals with best practice management in reliability, planning and scheduling of maintenance work.
- Plan the work of the major mobile components according to the hours and the budget
- Carry out the coding and inventory of parts and evaluate their criticality
- Prepare a medium to long term schedule to ensure the maintenance of the site’s assets, taking into account the defined strategies
- Ensure the implementation of maintenance plans for the replacement of major components
- Set up and follow up on measurement points in SAP
- Have a good follow-up of the history of the major components of the production fleet
- Prepare long term budget for major components
- Ensure the proper functioning and follow-up of long-term maintenance plans
- Set up standard work to help weekly planning
- Make adjustments to maintenance plans and update according to observed conditions
- Track and review maintenance KPI’s and ensure improvement
- Develop strategies for cost optimization of departmental components and contracts
- Implement an equipment replacement plan
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings, prepare minutes and/or reports
- Follow up and advise on external/specialist inspection reports
- Follow up and follow-up on parts with suppliers
- Support the planning department in the training and continuous improvement of the planners and the planning process
- Support the planning team in various tasks
- Support the supervisors in specific needs
- Know, respect and promote health and safety, environmental and community relations regulations
- Participate in the health and safety activities of the departments concerned
- All tasks related to the performance of his/her duties
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- University, college or professional degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or any other relevant training
- Minimum of 10 years experience in heavy industry
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in maintenance planning
- Autonomy in maintenance management and implementation of management system
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Computer skills: MS Office; MS Project, EXCEL and SAP software
- Experience in the mining industry (an asset)
- Bilingualism French-English (an asset)
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Ability to adapt
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Éléonore mine site (Fly-in, Fly-out) & Work from home
- Schedule: 8 days of work followed by 6 days off and then two weeks of 4 days of work at home and 3 days off
- Schedule can change to fit the situation
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than January 24, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Conformément aux valeurs de sécurité et de responsabilité de Newmont, nous pensons que la vaccination contre le COVID-19 est un outil essentiel pour lutter contre cette pandémie et protéger la santé et la sécurité de la main-d’oeuvre de Newmont et des communautés dans lesquelles nous travaillons et vivons. Par conséquent, si vous recevez une offre d’emploi pour ce poste, il vous sera demandé de fournir une déclaration confirmant que vous êtes entièrement vacciné contre le COVID-19 avant la date prévue de votre entrée en fonction, et il pourra également vous être demandé de fournir une preuve de vaccination avant la date prévue de votre entrée en fonction, ou à une date ultérieure à la demande de Newmont. Newmont examinera les demandes individuelles d’exemption/accommodement raisonnable des candidats qui ne peuvent pas être entièrement vaccinés pour des raisons médicales ou pour d’autres motifs protégés par la législation applicable en matière de droits de l’homme.