Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The
Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining
jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold
producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental,
social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported
by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in
1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
Reporting to the Engineering Superintendent, the incumbent of this position is required to work
on the safe execution of the underground engineering designs. The Mining Engineering
Supervisor must ensure that cost and scheduled are respected in order to meet the production
objectives. He/She is responsible for the execution of all mining engineering tasks with rigour
and integrity, in close collaboration with the geology, geotechnical and operations teams.
- Coordinate all the activities of the mining engineering department at the mine site, such
as surveying, mine ventilation, mine planning (0-12 months), drilling and blasting, paste
fill and ground control.
- Review and approve the engineering work and stamp daily designs.
- Manage staff, evaluate performance and ensure employee development
- Ensure training needs as well as provide mentoring to the engineering team
- Conduct and document underground visits
- Support the forecast and monthly production plans.
- Carry out QA/QC on engineering designs
- Work in close collaboration with the different Technical Services groups as well as with
colleagues from the mine operations, maintenance, milling and environmental teams in
order to ensure cohesion in the activities of each sector to achieve common objectives.
- Respect, know and promote the company’s regulations and policies, particularly in the
area of health and safety.
- All tasks related to the performance of his/her duties
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering
- Member of Order of Engineers of Quebec
- Seven (7) to (10) years in an underground operation
- Supervisory experience considered an asset
- Mining modules 1 to 5 and 7
- Valid General Explosives Permit
- Bilingualism essential (English and French)
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Organisational skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Leading and developing employees
- Strong computer skills :
- Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote etc.);
- CAD and scheduling software. Proficiency in Deswik software would be
considered an asset
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at
www.newmont.com/careers no later than December 16th, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We
encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking
part in all aspects of the selection process.