Department: Process Plant
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard Mine
Homeports: Val d’Or, Chibougamau-Chapais,St-Hubert and Quebec airports
Posting date: From August 3, 2022 to August 24, 2022
Stornoway is recruiting for a Mechanic (millwright). Reporting to the Mechanical Foreman, the Mechanic (Millwright) will be responsible for the following activities:
- Check and properly maintain the plant’s equipment;
- Safely install equipment, piping and valves or plant equipment;
- Have basic welding and cutting knowledge;
- Ensure the maintenance tasks are performed efficiently and safely;
- Work closely with all operators and teammates;
- Secure the work area;
- Be able to work at heights and on several tiers;
- Actively participate in the planning, Health and Safety and training meetings;
- Adequately complete daily reports and other documents;
- Observe the work-related laws, rules and procedures;
- Perform all other related tasks.
- Vocational diploma in Industrial Construction and Maintenance Mechanics or equivalent experience in a crushing ant screening plant;
- Welding and piping knowledge;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (knowledge of the Guide Ti system is an asset);
- Self-reliant and resourceful;
- Ability to work proactively and efficiently;
- Versatility and flexibility in performing tasks;
- Exemplary attitude regarding Health and Safety;
- Ability to communicate by radio in English and in French.
Who We Are
At Stornoway, our 530 employees are what define our company. We hire talented people who work as a team with passion, respect and integrity to work towards the prosperity of all. Together, we operate the first diamond mine in Quebec, the Renard Mine.
True to our values, we create opportunities for our employees to fulfill their career aspirations. We encourage and support teamwork as an integral part of our success. We work with integrity and honesty. We cultivate an environment of respect and inclusion and communicate openly at all levels of the organization. Finally, we look for talented, dedicated and committed people who work with passion. We recognize achievement, hard work and effort.
What we offer
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, a contribution to the retirement savings plan and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
We offer a safe work environment combined with several benefits:
– Easy access to the mine site via 4 home ports
– Private accommodation (Bedroom and bathroom)
– Large selection of meals
– Free wifi service at the camp
– Laundry facilities with soap provided
– Health & wellness program
– Weight room and arena
– Hiking trail – snowshoeing
– Leisure activities (painting, cooking, photography, movie nights, etc.)
– Reimbursement of protective eyewear with prescription
– Internal training program
– Reimbursement of tuition fees
– Reimbursement of membership fees to professional associations
– Relocation program (Chapais and Chibougamau) with financial support from Stornoway
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.