Department: Process plant
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard mine
Homeports: Val d’Or, Chibougamau-Chapais,St-Hubert and Quebec airports
Stornoway is recruiting for a Mechanic (millwright). Reporting to the Mechanical Foreman, the Mechanic (Millwright) will be responsible for the following activities:
- Check and properly maintain the plant’s equipment;
- Safely install equipment, piping and valves or plant equipment;
- Have basic welding and cutting knowledge;
- Ensure the maintenance tasks are performed efficiently and safely;
- Work closely with all operators and teammates;
- Secure the work area;
- Be able to work at heights and on several tiers;
- Actively participate in the planning, Health and Safety and training meetings;
- Adequately complete daily reports and other documents;
- Observe the work-related laws, rules and procedures;
- Perform all other related tasks.
- Vocational diploma in Industrial Construction and Maintenance Mechanics or equivalent experience in a crushing ant screening plant;
- Welding and piping knowledge;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (knowledge of the Guide Ti system is an asset);
- Self-reliant and resourceful;
- Ability to work proactively and efficiently;
- Versatility and flexibility in performing tasks;
- Exemplary attitude regarding Health and Safety;
- Ability to communicate by radio in English and/or French.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.