- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Mistissini
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
DEPARTMENT: Pimuhteheu – Cree Midwives Training Program (500550)
WORK LOCATION: Mistissini (Flexible)
STATUS: 1 – Permanent Full Time
HOURLY SALARY: Min. (1) $31,62 – Max. (15) $53,66
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Midwifery is an emerging service in our organization and midwives are currently part of our core team in Chisasibi. Under the supervision of the Director of Program Development and Support, the Midwife-Project manager will help set up the Cree Midwives Training Program in close collaboration with the person responsible for midwifery services and the team of midwives. Her responsibilities will include planning, coordination and implementation of the Cree Midwifery Training Program. She will be called upon to work in cooperation with the various internal stakeholders and external partners.
Primary Function: act as a project manager for the Cree midwives training program:
- Plan, coordinate and support the implementation of the Cree Midwives Training Program;
- Contribute to define project scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with stakeholders from CBHSSJB and partner organizations (NACM, UQTR, RSFQ, OSFQ, MSSS, etc.);
- Create a comprehensive project plan which defines the actions in regards to the midwives training program’s:’ o Option (academic, on-the-job community-based or mix, standards for certifying midwives, etc.) o Frame (the set of competencies, which include Cree traditional midwifery knowledge and skills o Implementation (plan for actions, timeline, resources, stakeholders, roles and responsibilities) o Students support strategy (prerequisite and preparation to recruitment, support through subsequent steps of the program) o Evaluation frame (approach, dimensions to assess, etc.)
- Contribute to the development and implementation of related communications plan;
- Oversee successful delivery of the assigned project;
- Deliver progress reports, required documentation and presentations to project team and other audiences as requested;
- Identify and support the resolution of risks, issues and conflicts that may arise throughout project;
- Advise stockholders on project adjustment through its implementation.
- Bachelor of science in midwifery;
- Member of the Ordre des sages-femmes du Québec 1;
- Master’s degree in evaluation or health administration is an asset.
- Three (3) years of relevant experience in midwifery practice;
- Two years of experience in midwifery education: role in midwifery preceptorship, internship, mentorship or other pertinent training management abilities.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and experience with community health interventions approaches and methods;
- Good knowledge of MSSS legislation, regulations, the Ministry network and programs, and current trends;
- Experience working with Aboriginal clients an asset;
- Experience with a Midwifery training program planning and/or deployment is an asset;
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational and decision-making skills;
- Ability to integrate Eenou/Eeyou (Cree) culture, values, traditions and teachings into project and program development and implementation;
- Ease of adaptation and clear capacity for interprofessional partnering and collaboration;
- Strong sense of professional autonomy.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or in French is an asset.
- Willing to travel.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and a car.
Posting start/end date: 2020-08-11/2020-08-25
Shift type: Day
Positions available: 1
Hours per day/week: 7/35
Housing Available: Yes
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the PR and/or posting number as well as the Job title on which you wish to apply.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note 1: In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
1 Midwives from outside Quebec are welcome to apply. Support will be given to satisfy the requirements with the Quebec Order of Midwives. Midwives working in Eeyou Istchee (Cree territory) can be exempted from the French language requirements of the Office Québécois de la langue française.