Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Metallurgy Supervisor is part of the Process Sector team and reports to the Senior Metallurgist. He/She is responsible for process optimization and metallurgical accounting. He/She ensures that production, metallurgical yields, operating costs, health & safety and environmental objectives are met. The Metallurgy Supervisor adheres to the company’s principles by adopting a management approach geared towards sustainable development, an operation for excellence and the organization’s code of conduct.
- Provide metallurgical technical support for the following operations: crushing, grinding,
gravimetry, flotation, filtration, cyanidation/CIP/elution, cyanide destruction and paste backfill, as well as the water treatment plant (UTEI).
- Supervise and manage the activities of metallurgical and refining technicians
- Participate in the coordination of refinery activities
- Monitor daily performance with concentrator operation and maintenance teams.
- Plan and coordinate laboratory tests to optimize metallurgical yields
- Perform metallurgical balances and monitor performance indicators.
- Respect, know and promote the company’s regulations and policies, particularly in terms of health and safety.
- Ensure technological development of the concentrator, in partnership with the operations, electrical, instrumentation and mechanical groups
- All tasks related to the performance of duties
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in process engineering, chemical engineering, materials and metallurgical engineering or mining engineering, ore processing option
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the mining industry
- Computer literate, MS Office suite
- Experience in mining and/or metallurgical plants
- Bilingualism in English and French
- Ability to adapt
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize in a multi-tasking environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Partnership and teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Work schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
- Éléonore mine site (round-trip flights from Montreal, Chibougamau, Matagami, Rouyn-Noranda, Val D’Or and Wemindji)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than July 26, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination, as well as other vaccinations that are required or recommended for entry into certain Newmont operating countries, protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. As a result, please note that Newmont requires up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination for any international travel by the workforce undertaken on behalf of the company. In addition, other vaccinations (e.g., yellow fever vaccine) may be required or recommended for international travel to certain Newmont operating countries. If you are offered this position and the position entails international travel, you will need to comply with these requirements. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law. Newmont may update its vaccination requirements, at any time, in its sole discretion.