The Metallurgy Superintendent is part of the Surface Operations team. Reporting to the Process and Maintenance Director, this person supervises the metallurgical activities and sees to the pursuit of operational and maintenance activities of the ore processing facilities and surface infrastructures. The Metallurgy Superintendent adheres to the company’s principles by adopting management oriented to sustainable development. The Metallurgy Superintendent promotes Newmont’s values by using the standards dictated by the company and applies the key principles of operational excellence and the rules of the organization’s code of conduct.
- Ensure maintenance of safe production of the Surface Operations Department
- Develop, maintain, modify and improve the metallurgical operations of the ore processing mill and water treatment plant
- Manage the metallurgical accounting system to allow reliable and continuous monitoring of the processing mill’s performance
- Provide the necessary support and expertise for the smooth running of the metallurgical laboratory and the analysis laboratory
- Establish and oversee the achievement of their team’s objectives
- Supervise their team composed of general forepersons and engineers
- Support their team in the resolution of problems related to the challenges of production and personnel management
- Participate in preparation of the department’s budget and monitor the costs
- Maintain effective cost control measures in all fields of responsibility
- Deploy and track key performance indicators (KPI)
- Participate in the review of event investigations and develop action plans
- Align their management strategies with the company’s visions
- Work with Process, Metallurgy, Surface Services and Maintenance colleagues to ensure cohesion in each sector’s activities in order to achieve the common objectives.
- Support and evaluate subordinates and plan their professional development
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of their duties
Training and Experience:
- University degree/diploma in metallurgy, chemistry or chemical engineering
- At least 10 years’ experience in ore processing, with strong exposure to gold activities and management
- Previous experience in a gold processing analysis laboratory
- Excellent IT skills: Microsoft Office suite, PI Datalink
- Bilingualism, French and English (mandatory)
Skills and Competencies:
- Leadership and strategic vision
- Partnership and teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to manage and develop employees
- Good priority management
- Eleonore mine site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
- Schedule: 8 days of work followed by 6 days of rest, 4 days of work followed by 3 days of rest
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than December 07, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position is based at Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, which is a fly-in/fly-out operation. Pursuant to the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, COVID-19 vaccination is required for all travelers departing from Canadian airports, which includes flights to/from Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, subject only to some very limited exemptions. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or confirming that you have an exemption from the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, prior to your anticipated start date. Further, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination or exemption status prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request.