(Temporary – 18 months)
Réf. : 18625
The Metallurgy Technician is part of the metallurgy team. He/She provides technical support to his/her team and operations. He/She is also responsible for providing and conducting metallurgical tests in the laboratory to improve operations.
- Develop and implement work procedures and protocols in the metallurgy laboratory.
- Conduct metallurgy tests in the laboratory.
- Participate in sampling, processing samples, and writing technical reports.
- Monitor consumption and reagent orders.
- Replace refiners in the refinery when required.
- Conduct month-end inventories.
- Offer technical support to the operation.
- Oversee calibration and smooth operations of continuous analysers such as for cyanide and granulometric distribution.
- Follow, identify and promote company rules and policies, especially in occupational health and safety.
- All other job-related duties
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- College Studies Diploma in Mineral Technology and/or a combination of studies and relevant experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Mining
- Computer knowledge including MS Office Suite
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Organizational skills
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at https://jobs.newmont.com/job/Rouyn-Noranda-Metallurgical-Technician-%28Temporary-18-months%29-QC/797798800/ no later than October 24th, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.