Metallurgical Technician (Temporary – 18 months) Réf. : 24474
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Metallurgy Technician is part of the metallurgy team. He/She provides technical support to his/her team and operations. He/She is also responsible for providing and conducting metallurgical tests in the laboratory to improve operations.
- Develop and implement work procedures and protocols in the metallurgy laboratory.
- Conduct metallurgy tests in the laboratory.
- Participate in sampling, processing samples, and writing technical reports.
- Monitor consumption and reagent orders.
- Replace refiners in the refinery when required.
- Conduct month-end inventories.
- Offer technical support to the operation.
- Oversee calibration and smooth operations of continuous analysers such as for cyanide and granulometric distribution.
- Follow, identify and promote company rules and policies, especially in occupational health and safety.
- All other job-related duties
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- College Studies Diploma in Mineral Technology and/or a combination of studies and relevant experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Mining
- Computer knowledge including MS Office Suite
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Organizational skills
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than July 5th, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position is based at Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, which is a fly-in/fly-out operation. Pursuant to the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, COVID-19 vaccination is required for all travelers departing from Canadian airports, which includes flights to/from Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, subject only to some very limited exemptions. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or confirming that you have an exemption from the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, priortoyouranticipatedstartdate. Further, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination or exemption status prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request.