Metallurgical Technician Réf. : 24655
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Metallurgy Technician is part of the metallurgy team. He/She provides technical support to his/her team and operations. He/She is also responsible for providing and conducting metallurgical tests in the laboratory to improve operations.
- Develop and implement work procedures and protocols in the metallurgy laboratory.
- Conduct metallurgy tests in the laboratory.
- Participate in sampling, processing samples, and writing technical reports.
- Monitor consumption and reagent orders.
- Replace refiners in the refinery when required.
- Conduct month-end inventories.
- Offer technical support to the operation.
- Oversee calibration and smooth operations of continuous analysers such as for cyanide
and granulometric distribution.
- Follow, identify and promote company rules and policies, especially in occupational
health and safety.
- All other job-related duties
- College Studies Diploma in Mineral Technology and/or a combination of studies and relevant experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Mining
- Computer knowledge including MS Office Suite
- French required, Bilingualism is an asset.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Organizational skills
Work Location & Schedule
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Eleonore mine site
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than July 20th, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccinationpriortoyouranticipatedstartdate,oratalaterdateuponNewmont’srequest. Newmontwill consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law.