POSITION: Membership Coordinator
LOCATION: Cree Nation of Washaw Sibi, Amos, Quebec
Under the direction of the Director General and Chief & Council, the Cree Nation of Washaw Sibi is seeking a highly motivated, organized individual to keep our membership files and applications for Washaw Sibi membership. The Membership Coordinator will be working in terms of a combination with the Political level and Administration in accordance with established methods and procedures of the Cree Nation of Washaw Sibi and shall perform the following duties:
Major Responsibilities of Membership Coordinator
- To clarify the eligibility for Washaw Sibi membership and to explain the roles and responsibilities of members under the Membership Code.
- To administer the Governance code and Membership Code as approved by the membership and the Chief & Council.
- To develop and practice the eight (8) Elements of Governance, the Cree Nation of Washaw Sibi in using Codes, Policies, Procedures and By-laws to further these objectives of governance, and other codes that are approved by the Membership.
- To establish and maintain the Washaw Sibi General Membership List generates for Membership Code.
- To assist community members in applying for Washaw Sibi Status for the General Membership List.
- To work in conjunction with JBNQA Beneficiary list to determine the status and eligibility.
- Provide support as required for the on-going Membership Code review process being undertaken by Chief & Council.
- Assist the Membership Working Group.
- Liaising between Chief & Council and Working Group.
- Attend meetings relating to the Membership Code review process.
- Perform other related tasks.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Cree Nation of Washaw Sibi
- Knowledge of Cree history and heritage
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong organizational skills and able to multitask.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work with confidential documents
Education and/or Qualifications
- Post Secondary Diploma/Degree in Administration
- Equivalent of education and experience the provides the required knowledge and skills will be considered.
- Must be willing to take an oath of confidentiality.
Please forward Resume/C.V. to:
Cree Nation of Washaw Sibi
141, Route 111 Ouest
Amos, QC J9T 2Y1
Posting: April 1st,2021
Deadline: April 16th, 2021