Posting # S-2324-0028C
Position # 6138
MEDICAL SECRETARY (5322)
DEPARTMENT: Specialized Services (600001)
WORK LOCATION: Nemaska
STATUS: 1 Permanent Full-Time
HOURLY SALARY: Min. (1) $22.36 – Max (6) $25.00
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who provide assistance to one or more physicians or professionals, or to a work team, in their administrative and professional duties. He or she prepares medical records, reports and requests for analyses, operating protocols or other documents based on typed, handwritten or dictated texts and enters them on a computer application. The Medical Secretary also prints out such documents and has them distributed to the personnel concerned. He or she may be required to deal with service users, book appointments, and receive and forward messages to personnel concerned and service users. The Medical Secretary handles the mail, writes correspondence and updates the filing of records.
The person is responsible to perform various tasks and ensures support to specialized services related to patient appointments with specialists for the pole of Nemaska.
Responsibilities and duties can include:
- Perform administrative tasks related to patient appointments for specialized services;
- Book and confirm medical appointments for patients; • Greet patients for specialist appointments;
- Collaborate with the archive and pharmacy departments for the patient appointments;
- Perform administrative tasks related to specialist clinics:
- Ensures support for the organization of the specialist clinics;
- Active role in assisting health professionals;
- Take care of the purchase and order of equipment related with specialist visits;
- Transmit the required data, responds to questions and/or provides information to the various departments, people, clients or external organizations, according to his/her area of responsibility and established procedures;
- Compile the statistics of the division;
- Complete forms of various natures;
- Respond to various calls, transmit information and respond to general inquiries from patients or specialists;
- Participate and contribute to the implementation of new services and the administrative operations;
- Manage appointments with the organization’s tools;
- Verifies and manages incoming emails in Specialized services shared inbox.
- High School Diploma.
- One (1) year of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical terminology to prepare documents and reports is a strong asset (possibility of a test);
- Knowledge of the MSSS Network and administrative regulations is an asset;
- Good knowledge of routine office work;
- Good knowledge of Office Suite (possibility of a test);
- Ability to work well under pressure and independently with minimum supervision;
- Be able to handle multiple files at the same time;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken);
- Practical, attentive to detail and analytical;
- Sense of accountability, resourcefulness & vigilance;
- Teamwork skills;
- Well organized.
- Fluent in Cree and English;
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- May be required to work occasionally extra hours outside of the regular shift for the clinic of specialists;
- May be required to travel occasionally within the Waskaganish pole (Nemaska, Eastmain and Waskaganish) to support specialized services.
POSTING START/END DATE: 08/14/2023 – 10/09/2023
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1
HOUSING PROVIDED: No
SHIFT TYPE: Day
HOURS PER DAY/WEEK: 7 / 35
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to our website https://creehealth.org/home ->Careers -> Job Opportunities
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
Need assistance or have questions? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.