DEPARTMENT: Medical Archives (750103)
WORK LOCATION: Chisasibi
STATUS: 1 – Permanent Full Time
HOURLY SALARY: (1) 23.12$ – (12) 33.61$
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Medical records archivist who, under the authority of the head or assistant head of the archives department, trains, co-ordinates and oversees one or more medical records archivists, as well as other staff members in various job titles.
Based in Chisasibi, the medical archivist team leader is responsible for the organization of the medical archives department of the regional hospital of Chisasibi. He/she will also have the opportunity to collaborate, as part of a multidisciplinary team, on IT implementation projects at the regional level under the supervision of the regional archives coordination.
- Analyze and perform the coding of hospital files according to the current classification (ICD-10 / CCI);
- Update the medico-administrative data management information using the Med-Echo application;
- Provide first-level assistance to stakeholders and archives staff in applying the policies, laws and regulations, as well as in the use of different applications;
- Provide training and support to hospital staff such as for the maintaining of the files and records;
- Supervise the staff work of the hospital’s archives department;
- Interpret and create statistical reports and produce annual reports;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Diploma of college studies in medical records techniques recognized by the Ministère de l’Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport, or a diploma recognized by the Association Québécoise des archivistes médicales or the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA);
- Member in good standing of AGISQ is an asset.
- Two (2) years of relevant experience (an asset);
- Work experience in the health and social services sector (an asset);
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of various laws concerning the management of information of the Health of Quebec, such as Access to Information Act, LSSSS and chapter S-5, Archives Act, Act respecting the legal framework of the information technologies etc.
- Knowledge of the features of an IPM is an asset;
- Knowledge of the features of an interface is an asset;
- Knowledge of coding standards for ICD-10-CA, CCI and ICD-O;
- Good knowledge of the normative framework of I-CLSC
- Learning agility of IT softwares;
- Good command of Med-Echo system and Microsoft Office suite (Word and Excel) and knowledge of Impromptu (an asset);
- Knowledge of DSQ, SI-PMI, Crystal-Net applications and a forms management module is an asset;
- Knowledge of Medipatient ADT and MediDex, IPMR concept and interface functionality (an asset for future deployment projects);
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change;
- Analytic skills, ability to organize work and set priorities and attentive to details.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree and French is an asset.
Posting start/end date: 04/03/2020 – 04/17/2020
Shift type: Day
Positions available: 1
Hours per day/week: 7hrs/35hrs
Housing provided: Yes
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel: 514-861-5955 | Fax: 514-989-7495
PR # : P-1920-0781D
Position # : 1808
With your application, please make sure to specify the PR and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note 1: In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.