Job Posting Number: P-1920-0780A
1. About this job posting
2. About this position
Medical records archivist who, under the authority of the head or assistant head of the archives department, trains, co-ordinates and oversees one or more medical records archivists, as well as other staff members in various job titles.
Based in Chisasibi, the medical archivist team leader is responsible for the organization of the medical archives department of the CMC in Chisasibi, Whapmagoostui and Wemindji with the support of the chief or assistant head of the archives service.
He/she will also have the opportunity to collaborate, as part of a multidisciplinary team, on implementation projects at the regional and local level under the supervision of the regional archives coordination.
- Participates in the ongoing development of the CMC in Chisasibi which does not currently occupy its own premises and medical archives services;
- Performs analysis and process all user’s access requests and disclosure of information;
- Provides first-level assistance to stakeholders and archives staff in applying the policies, laws and regulations, as well as in the use of different applications;
- Offers training and supports to CMC staff on Access to Information, confidentiality and MediPatient;
- Supervises the staff of the CMC’s archives department of Chisasibi, Whapmagoostui and Wemindji;
- Interprets, creates and produces statistical and annual reports;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Diploma of college studies in medical records techniques recognized by the Ministère de l’Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport, or a diploma recognized by the Association Québécoise des archivistes médicales or the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA).
- Member in good standing of AGISQ is an asset.
- Two (2) years of relevant experience (an asset);
- Work experience in the health and social services sector (an asset);
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of various laws concerning the management of information of the Health of Quebec, such as Access to Information Act, LSSSS and chapter S-5, Archives Act, Act respecting the legal framework of the information technologies etc.
- Knowledge of the features of an IPM is an asset;
- Knowledge of the features of an interface is an asset;
- Knowledge of coding standards for ICD-10-CA, CCI and ICD-O;
- Good knowledge of the normative framework of I-CLSC;
- Learning agility of IT softwares;
- Good command of Med-Echo system and Microsoft Office suite (Word and Excel) and knowledge of Impromptu (an asset);
- Knowledge of DSQ, SI-PMI, Crystal-Net applications and a forms management module is an asset;
- Knowledge of Medipatient ADT and MediDex, IPMR concept and interface functionality (an asset for future deployment projects);
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change;
- Analytic skills, ability to organize work and set priorities and attentive to details;
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree and French is an asset.
5. Salary information
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay,
P.O. Box 250, Chisasibi, QC
Tel: 819-855-2744 Fax: 819-855-2680 Email: email@example.com
More information about the position & job description with complete requirements may be obtained by contacting the above.
Note 1: In accordance with the organization’s Cree Employment Policy (in Progress) and various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA
All applicants must be Canadian citizens or have a Canadian work permit. Professionals must be licensed to practice in Québec. The Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay aims to hire qualified Cree beneficiaries of the JBNQA, whenever possible. English is the working language of the CBHSSJB.
To apply, send your CV and a cover letter mentioning the Posting number to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 1-819-855-2680. For information call 1-877-562-2733.