Under the supervision of the Assistant Maintenance Superintendent, the Mechanical Engineer is responsible for various maintenance improvement work and projects related to equipment health and safety, equipment performance or maintenance methods and practices. He supports the maintenance department in the search for improvement opportunities with the design of equipment, tools and equipment modifications. He is responsible for the implementation and support of these new improvement elements. He will be responsible for the equipment reliability plan as well as seizing improvement opportunities.
▪ Execute in-depth analyses of mobile vehicle maintenance problem situations;
▪ Provide technical expertise to maximize equipment performance, functionality and reliability; (MTBF, MTTR, Pareto and PF curve)
▪ Provide technical assistance to the maintenance group;
▪ Identify needs and determine the nature of improvement projects;
▪ Participate in training and continuous improvement activities;
▪ Evaluate and track maintenance costs and budgets;
▪ Write and revise maintenance procedures;
▪ Prepare and maintain current documentation;
▪ Perform any other related duties;
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a mechanical engineer;
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec ;
- Exemplary attitude at all times with regard to health, safety and the environment;
- Autonomy, initiative, resourcefulness and openness to change;
- Results-oriented attitude and perseverance;
- Ability to manage stress and work efficiently and proactively to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to manage several jobs and projects simultaneously;
- Excellent planning, organizational and priority-setting skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French (required);
- Good computer skills (Excel and Word);
- Knowledge of AutoCad and/or Inventor (an asset);
- Knowledge of Guide TI or other CMMS;
- Knowledge of Power Bi (an asset);
- Ability and interest in working in a team in a multicultural environment.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.