- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP)
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Mobile Equipment Mechanic is part of the mine’s maintenance department. He/She is responsible for repairing and maintaining heavy mobile equipment required for mining work.
- Perform preventive maintenance for all mobile mining equipment
- Diagnose and repair equipment at the worksite
- Ensure that the worksite is clean and safe at all times
- Read and interpret electrical and hydraulic diagrams
- Complete work orders and order equipment
- Observe and apply occupational health and safety work procedures
- All other work-related duties
- Please note that the work is more electromechanical than mechanical.
- Schedule: 14 days of work, daytime only, followed by 14 days off
- Vocational diploma in Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic or in electromechanical
- 5 years of r experience in the underground mining sector
- Knowledge of GMAO (SAP) maintenance software
- Mining Worker Modular Training card (modular 1,2,3,4,5,7)
- Valid general explosives permit
- Valid driver’s license
- Bilingualism (asset)
- Ability to work at a remote site and in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot
- Organization and priority management skills
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site
at www.newmont.com/careers no later than June 18th, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.