Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Mobile Equipment Mechanic is part of the mine’s maintenance department. He/She is responsible for repairing and maintaining heavy mobile equipment required for mining work.
- Perform preventive maintenance for all mobile mining equipment
- Diagnose and repair equipment at the worksite
- Ensure that the worksite is clean and safe at all times
- Read and interpret electrical and hydraulic diagrams
- Complete work orders and order equipment
- Observe and apply occupational health and safety work procedures
- All other work-related duties
- Vocational diploma in Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic or in electromechanical
- 5 years of r experience in the underground mining sector
- Knowledge of GMAO (SAP) maintenance software
- Mining Worker Modular Training card (modular 1,2,3,4,5,7)
- Valid general explosives permit
- Valid driver’s license
- Bilingualism (asset)
- Ability to work at a remote site and in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot
- Organization and priority management skills
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Eleonore mine site
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than September 15, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law..