- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Career Opportunity: Manager of Human Capital Management
Department: Human Resources
Location: Montreal/Cree Community
Salary Grade 7: (Min. $65,117.00 – Max. $86,932.00)
The Manager of HCM is responsible for the management of human capital and other parallel and interfaced data systems and their related processes, including benefits. The Manager will also be responsible for assuring efficient bridging between the Payroll and Human Resources departments for their shared activities and functions related to systems and data.
- Perform follow-ups and guidance with staff, managers, and colleagues by assuring that the data complies with the Cree Nation Government’s policies and collective agreement; and by ensuring that the data is entered into the systems as per deadlines.
- Gather, organize, and analyze HR data using the HCM and other parallel and interfaced data systems (including Group Insurance, Pension and other Benefits, Time and Attendance, Eeyou Eenou Police Force, etc.) with accuracy and timeliness, throughout the employee life cycle.
- Develop, provide and implement up-to-date, efficient, and effective processes, tools, analyses, reports, systems, and databases/files.
- Ensure configuration and functionalities of systems are up to date and implement changes as required by the HR and Payroll teams.
- Lead, supervise, coach and mentor the person who will be completing the HCM data entry and analysis.
- Maintain the configurations of HCM and other parallel and interfaced data systems.
- Implement measurement methods and tools to assess absenteeism, overtime use, and identify trends; provide semi-annual reports and recommend corrective measures if necessary.
- Manage and implement special projects and facilitate training for new and current end users.
- Serve as a link between the Payroll and Human Resources departments.
- Assist in the financial administration of employee programs: group insurance, pension, and CNESST.
- Provide financial cost regarding Sunlife rate and coverage for the contract administration and negotiation.
- Supervise and lead direct reports.
- Assist with development of team objectives, as well as individual objectives.
- Identify training needs, recommend solutions, and support training and development.
- Conduct periodic performance evaluations for direct reports and regular one-on-one meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Industrial Relations, Human Resources or related field.
- Five to eight years of relevant work experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in verbal Cree and fluency in French is an asset.
- Data driven, strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Engaged by a strong capacity to own and drive the necessary actions to achieve deadlines.
- Solid critical-thinking and proven ability to problem solve.
- Ability to take initiative while focusing on self-autonomy.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Leads by example, fosters a spirit of teamwork, facilitates a workplace culture in keeping with the Cree Nation Government’s organizational values.
- Willing to travel regularly.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel regularly.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From May 19, 2021 to June 3, 2021
Your application must be sent by email or fax with the competition number: HR-210502-1