LOCATION OF WORK
WASWANIPI – SABTUAN REGIONAL
VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTRE
NATURE OF WORK
- The principal and customary work of an employee in this class of employment consists in carrying out the maintenance work as well as the preventive and physical upkeep of buildings, grounds, equipment and swimming pools.
- The role also consists in the handling and transportation of goods, furniture and other materials.
- In general, the employee works according to instructions or under the supervision of a caretaker, night caretaker, foreman, maintenance workman, class I or a qualified workman.
- In addition, he or she may be required to perform the characteristic functions of the class of employment of maintenance workman, class III.
- The employee in this class of employment performs tasks aimed at ensuring the cleanliness of the premises and keeping equipment in good condition. He or she may perform his or her duties alone or with other employees.
- As for the cleanliness of the premises, the employee generally carries out tasks, such as sweeping, mopping, washing, stripping and waxing, as needed, floors and steps; washing walls and ceilings, washing and cleaning water fountains, sinks, washbasins, washroom counters, toilets and showers; dusting furniture and surfaces; removing garbage, emptying wastebaskets and recycling bins and disposing of them for collection; washing windows, inside and out, as well as blinds; outdoors, removes snow from entrances, steps, sidewalks, playgrounds and roofs; spreads salt and sand, as needed. He or she may be required to clean up the school yard, mow the lawn, rake, pick up and discard dead leaves.
- As regards physical and preventive maintenance, he or she replaces light bulbs and fluorescent tubes; fuels or ensures fuelling and operation of pilot lights of heating apparatus; he or she reports any breakdown detected when performing such work; he or she cleans air supply and return grills and diffusers; he or she carries out any type of minor repair work. He or she may help qualified workmen by handling heavy objects and materials, holding parts in place, cleaning and providing the required tools as well as cleaning the premises where the work is carried out. He or she may also erect and dismantle scaffolding.
- He or she uses, stores and disposes of various products required in carrying out his or her duties in a safe manner, while respecting standards.
- As part of his or her duties, the employee may also move furniture; handle, transport and store goods and materials; operate the equipment required to carry out the work.
- He or she prepares rooms and halls according to the arrangements requested.
- If need be, he performs any other related duty.
- No specific education or certifications are required;
- No relevant experience required;
- Fluency in English and Cree is required;
- Ability to speak French is an asset;
- Be organized and demonstrate initiative.
- Regular full-time position.
- 38.75 hours/week;
- Salary: $19.37 /hr
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 to $13,573.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
- To be determined.
Please send your CV and complete the Application Form found HERE. Please indicate competition #: WASW-4056 Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
DATE OF POSTING October 29, 2021
END OF POSTING November 11, 2021 4:30 PM