OPEN POSITION: MAINTENANCE WORKMAN, CLASS II
LOCATION OF WORK: WASKAGANISH – ADULT LEARNING CENTRE
COMPETITION NUMBER: WASK-3749
NATURE OF WORK
- The principal and customary work of an employee in this class of employment consists in carrying out the maintenance work as well as the preventive and physical upkeep of buildings, grounds, equipment and swimming pools.
- The role also consists in the handling and transportation of goods, furniture and other materials.
- In general, the employee works according to instructions or under the supervision of a caretaker, night caretaker, foreman, maintenance workman, class I or a qualified workman.
- In addition, he may be required to perform the characteristic functions of the class of employment of maintenance workman, class III.
- The employee in this class of employment performs tasks aimed at ensuring the cleanliness of the premises and keeping equipment in good condition. He may perform his duties alone or with other employees.
- As for the cleanliness of the premises, the employee generally carries out tasks, such as sweeping, mopping, washing, stripping and waxing, as needed, floors and steps; washing walls and ceilings, washing and cleaning water fountains, sinks, washbasins, washroom counters, toilets and showers; dusting furniture and surfaces; removing garbage, emptying waste baskets and recycling bins and disposing of them for collection; washing windows, inside and out, as well as blinds; outdoors, removes snow from entrances, steps, sidewalks, playgrounds and roofs; spreads salt and sand, as needed. He may be required to clean up the school yard, mow the lawn, rake, pick up and discard dead leaves.
- As regards physical and preventive maintenance, he replaces light bulbs and fluorescent tubes; fuels or ensures fuelling and operation of pilot lights of heating apparatus; he reports any breakdown detected when performing such work; he cleans air supply and return grills and diffusers; he carries out any type of minor repair work. He may help qualified workmen by handling heavy objects and materials, holding parts in place, cleaning and providing the required tools as well as cleaning the premises where the work is carried out. He may also erect and dismantle scaffolding.
- He uses, stores and disposes of various products required in carrying out his or her duties in a safe manner, while respecting standards. As part of his duties, the employee may also move furniture; handle, transport and store goods and materials; operate the equipment required to carry out the work.
- He prepares rooms and halls according to the arrangements requested.
- If need be, he performs any other related duty.
- No specific education or certifications are required;
- No relevant experience required;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Ability to speak Cree is required;
- Ability to speak French is an asset;
- Be organized and demonstrate initiative.
SALARY AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Regular full-time position.
- Salary: $19.37 /hr
- Northern Allowance: $10,015 to $17,652.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
- To be determined.
Please send your CV and complete the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate competition #: WASK-3749
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
DATE OF POSTING
November 17, 2020
END OF POSTING
November 30, 2020 5:00 PM