Department: Capital Works and Services
Salary Grade 3: (Min. $39,009.00 – Max. $58,514.00)
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for the general maintenance of the Cree Nation Government’s premises and equipment located in the Cree communities.
- Maintain all Cree Nation Government’s buildings and housing units in adequate and expected conditions.
- Install, repair and maintain all mechanical equipment, structural components and building fixtures (such as but not limited to windows, frames, doors, etc.).
- Maintain Cree Nation Government’s grounds (e.g. lawn mowing, snow removal and any other applicable tasks).
- Inspect housing units and report the results for maintenance purposes.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and stock.
- Move furniture and equipment.
- Complete the weekly activity log sheet.
- Ensure that the maintenance of Cree Nation Government’s vehicles is done annually.
- Complete record of Cree Nation Government’s vehicles log book (mileage, repairs, fuel and others).
- Work closely with the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Clerk and ensure that maintenance requests from clients are answered.
- Respond to emergency maintenance.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Certification
- High School Diploma.
- Vocational training in Northern Building Maintenance.
- One to three of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in verbal Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- • Knowledge of general and preventative maintenance procedures aimed at handling both buildings and grounds’ maintenance. • Proven ability to work for long hours in standing position. • Agility to perform physical tasks constantly. • Knowledge of occupational hazards safety rules. • Proven ability to communicate effectively. • Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy. • Judgment and ability to problem-solve. • Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Willingness to work in both an office and outside setting, including exposure to extreme weather conditions, work near moving mechanical parts, and uneven terrain of construction sites.
- Willingness to undertake work that may require high physical effort.
- Must agree to undergo a background check.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From February 3, 2020 to February 18, 2020
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: CWSD-200206-1