Career Opportunity: Maintenance Worker
Department: Capital Works and Services
Salary Grade 3: (Min. $40,294.00 – Max. $53,792.00)
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for the general maintenance of the Cree Nation Government’s premises and equipment located in the Cree communities.
• Maintain all Cree Nation Government’s buildings and housing units in adequate and expected conditions.
• Install, repair and maintain all mechanical equipment, structural components and building fixtures (such as but not limited to windows, frames, doors, etc.).
• Maintain Cree Nation Government’s grounds (e.g. lawn mowing, snow removal and any other applicable tasks).
• Inspect housing units and report the results for maintenance purposes.
• Maintain an inventory of supplies and stock.
• Move furniture and equipment.
• Complete the weekly activity log sheet.
• Ensure that the maintenance of Cree Nation Government’s vehicles is done annually.
• Complete record of Cree Nation Government’s vehicles logbook (mileage, repairs, fuel and others).
• Work closely with the Operations and Maintenance Technician and ensure that maintenance requests from clients are answered.
• Respond to emergency maintenance.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
• Perform other duties as required.
• High School Diploma.
• Vocational training in Northern Building Maintenance.
• One to three years of relevant work experience.
• Fluency in verbal Cree.
• Fluency in English.
• Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Knowledge of general and preventative maintenance procedures aimed at handling both building and ground maintenance.
• Proven ability to work for long hours in standing position.
• Agility to perform physical tasks constantly.
• Knowledge of occupational hazards safety rules.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
• Judgment and ability to problem-solve.
• Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
• Willingness to work in both an office and outside setting, including exposure to extreme weather conditions, work near moving mechanical parts, and uneven terrain of construction sites.
• Willingness to undertake work that may require high physical effort.
• Must agree to undergo a background check.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From April 7, 2021 to April 23, 2021
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: CWSD-210403-2