TITLE: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
STATUS: PERMANENT FULL-TIME
Under the general direction of the Cree Nation of Mistissini but more specifically under the supervision of the Housing Maintenance Coordinator, The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing maintenance and preventive maintenance work as allocated by the Housing Maintenance Coordinator.
- Carry out general repairs such as, but not limited to, basic plumbing, electrical, construction, and structural work.
- Notify the Storekeeper of equipment and material needs.
- Utilize Band property such as, but not limited to, tools, materials, and vehicles with care and caution.
- Report all defects and damages of Band property such as, but not limited to, tools, materials, and vehicles.
- Identify and report to the Maintenance Coordinator all situations that require preventive maintenance attention.
- Report to the Maintenance Coordinator all housing-related incidents, such as but not limited to, fire and flood, as soon as discovered.
- Interact professionally with tenants and stakeholders by notably, but not limited to, respecting work schedules and following up on maintenance work.
- Communicate with the Maintenance Coordinator continuously to provide status updates on work orders for work allocation efficiency.
- Complete work orders and report the conclusion of work.
- Complete administrative work as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in the area(s) of responsibility
- Performs other related duties from time to time as deemed necessary
- High School diploma.
- Plumbing, electrical, ventilation, carpentry, or northern building maintenance certification.
- Health and Safety on Construction Sites Course certification.
- One to two years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in spoken Cree.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Competencies:
- Knowledge of technical design and construction techniques.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to problem-solve.
- Awareness of own limits in terms of skills and knowledge, and ability to reach out to other qualified personnel when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Willingness to work in an outside setting, including exposure to extreme weather conditions, loud noise, work near moving mechanical parts, and uneven terrain of construction sites.
- Willingness to work after office hours and on weekends if necessary.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
SALARY RANGE: CLASS 3
DATE OF POSTING: May 17, 2023
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: May 31, 2023 at 5:00pm
PLEASE ADDRESS ALL APPLICATIONS TO:
Director of Human Resources
Cree Nation of Mistissini
187 Main Street
Mistissini, Qc G0W 1C0
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST PROVIDE WITH A COVER LETTER, CURRICULUM VITAE, CERTIFICATES, DIPLOMAS AND TWO REFERENCE LETTERS AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK.
Applications are to be forwarded to Emily Shecapio, Administrative Assistant to HR or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.