- Period Of Employment8/6 Rotation
- Period Of EmploymentFly-In/Fly-Out
MAINTENANCE SUPERINTENDENT – MINE (Ref.: 28786)
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Maintenance Superintendant is part of the mine management team. He is in charge of overall mechanical and electrical maintenance and supervises a team of mechanical and electrical maintenance general foremen. He demonstrates leadership and focuses on reaching set objectives, in collaboration with the mining operations group.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Plan, organize, manage and coordinate the Maintenance Department’s mechanical and electrical maintenance activities in order to meet set goals
- Implement the best practices in order to maximize the availability of production equipment
- Support general foremen in solving problems related to their activity sectors and implement measures aimed at optimizing productivity and work quality
- Understand and share the company’s vision to then be able to align operational strategies
- Supervise, manage staff, assess performance and oversee employee development
- Create a partnership with other sector departments to build team spirit and cooperation
- Write reports
- Prepare the budget and control maintenance costs
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly in health and safety
- All other related tasks
YOUR TRAINING, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE :
Training & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering and /or electrical engineering, or related education/training with relevant experience
- 7 to 10 years’ relevant experience, including at least 10 years in supervision in an underground mine
- Mining modules 1 to 5 and 7
- Valid explosives permit
- Good computer skills including SAP and MS Office Suite software
- Bilingualism is essential
Skills & Competencies
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Organizational skills
YOUR WORKING CONDITIONS :
- Eleonore mine site (fly-in, fly-out)
- Schedule: 8 days of work, daytime only, followed by 6 days off
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than June 05, 2023.
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination, as well as other vaccinations that are required or recommended for entry into certain Newmont operating countries, protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. As a result, please note that Newmont requires up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination for any international travel by the workforce undertaken on behalf of the company. In addition, other vaccinations (e.g., yellow fever vaccine) may be required or recommended for international travel to certain Newmont operating countries. If you are offered this position and the position entails international travel, you will need to comply with these requirements. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law. Newmont may update its vaccination requirements, at any time, in its sole discretion.