Position: MAINTENANCE PLANNER
Department: Process Plant
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard Mine
Home ports: Val d’Or, Chibougamau-Chapais, St-Hubert and Quebec airports
Reporting to the General Foreman, the Maintenance Planner is responsible for the planning and coordination of all scheduled maintenance work performed in the process plant. The Planner is also responsible for maintaining records and files essential for meaningful analysis and reporting of maintenance related issues.
- Establish, maintain and improve the maintenance planning and scheduling workflow process.
- Measure the scope of maintenance work required to complete relevant repair, prevention and forecasting activities
- Plan weekly maintenance work in the production plan
- Plan, schedule and coordinate all planned and emergency maintenance activities
- Plan downtime schedules with GANTT chart and estimate the number of work hours in accordance with maintenance industry best practices
- Collaborate with purchasing and warehouse personnel to ensure availability of required parts and equipment
- Collaborate with maintenance personnel on a daily basis
- Prioritize requests and work orders
- Generate reports as requested
- Thorough understanding of maintenance principles and technologies
- Minimum 4 years experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of Microsoft software such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and Guide Ti.
- Thorough understanding of machines and maintenance techniques, ability to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Exemplary attitude towards health and safety
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.