JOB TITLE: 1 PART-TIME MAINTENANCE
DATE OF POSTING: January 16, 2023
END OF POSTING: January 27, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Under the immediate supervision and direction of the General Manager, the Maintenance worker is responsible for performing a variety of laboring and maintenance work related to the upkeep of grounds and amenities of the Hotel.
OVERVIEW OF MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform minor repair and may assist the professionals with major repairs of the building;
- Assist the sub-contractors with the performance of more general maintenance tasks as needed;
- Maintain building by carrying out variety of activities, such as repairs, general upkeep, pest control, light carpentry, light plumbing and landscaping;
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance on building;
- Ensure safety and comfort of all the building to deliver quality service to the guest and visitors;
- Clears areas around facilities & assists in ensuring grounds are tidy and free of trash and debris.
- Shovel and maintain all entrances and exit doors during winter to ensure safety to all guests including de-ice all entrances and emergency exit;
- Complete the tasks stated on the maintenance log in a timely manner;
- Load and upload trucks with supplies and equipment;
- Comply and follow health and safety standards and regulations;
- Notify immediate supervisor about any major repairs and maintenances;
- Uses a variety of hand tools and portable power tools in the performance of the work;
- Respond and carry out on-call emergency maintenance as required;
- Promote awareness to the public on the smoking designation, recycling bins, etc.;
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Vocational certificate or diploma in relevant fields is an asset
- Minimum of two (2) years work experience as a maintenance worker or carpenter and/or combination of experience in the relevant positions
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Sense of initiative
- Respect standards and regulations
- Knowledge of building and construction
- Committed to quality and focussed on results
- Permanent Part-time status
- 20 hrs per week
- 3-month probation period
- Benefits according to Waastooskuun HR policies and procedures
- Must be flexible to work on-call for emergencies, early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
Grade 6: starting rate $17.64/hr to a maximum of $28.58/hr based on qualifications and experience
Interested candidates can submit their cover letter, CV/Resumé along with your credentials to:
Chisasibi Business & Development Group Inc.
Attn: Wabigwan Polson, Director of Human Resources, CBDG Inc.
P.O. Box 820, Chisasibi, QC. J0M 1E0
Tel: 855-2977 extension 349 or by Fax: 855-2271 Email: email@example.com