The maintenance Foreman is part of the Site Services Supervision Team. He/She is responsible for the mechanics, building mechanics and carpenters. He/She mainly ensures the smooth operations of all activities of maintenance workshops, compliance with work procedures and occupational health and safety standards. The mechanical foreman follows the company’s principles by adopting a sustainable development-oriented management and the organization’s code of conducts.
- Plan, lead and coordinate maintenance activities of the surface services
- Resolve problems related to mechanical activities and recommend measures with the goal of improving department productivity
- Respect, know and promote the company’s regulations and policies, especially regarding occupational health and safety
- Participate in occupational health and security and surface facility activities
- Prepare and lead occupational health and safety activities such as inspections, risk analyses and incident/accident reports
- Supervise staff, evaluate performance and oversee employee development
- Train workers to perform their duties and follow safety standards and company policies
- Participate in planning maintenance in collaboration with the planning and reliability group
- Maintain information records and write performance indicator reports
- Cooperate with all company stakeholders to reach common objectives
- Participate in preparing budgets and control maintenance costs
- All other job-related duties
- Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- College studies diploma or vocational diploma in Mechanics
- 7 to 10 years’ relevant experience with a minimum 5 years’ experience in supervision
- Experience in the mining industry – heavy machinery maintenance (an asset)
- Valid driver’s license
- Basic computer knowledge
- Bilingualism essential
- Leading and Developing employees
- Organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to create partnerships and work in teams in a multicultural environment
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmontgoldcorp.com/careers no later than December 19, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont Goldcorp is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.