Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Technical Services provides global support to Newmont and its operating businesses across a range of specialized technical functions. Within Technical Services, the Asset Management (AM) function will be responsible for creating and implementing effective global asset strategies, delivering efficient asset planning and strategic insights to drive exceptional global asset performance across Newmont’s portfolio. It aims to ensure that Newmont’s asset management processes and capabilities are a source of sustainable and considerable competitive advantage for Newmont. This is achieved by focusing on business process standardization, proactive collaboration, competency and capability development, maintenance and reliability practices, relevant global productivity metrics and targeted value-adding asset lifecycle cost improvements. The AM function is focused on delivering value aligned with our philosophy of continuous improvement and rapid replication.
The Asset Management Operating Support Network (AM OSN) will provide subject matter expert (SME) and engineering support for global programs, such as Full Potential, Operate for Reliability (O4R), defect elimination, asset integrity, and root cause analysis. The Maintenance Engineer is a site based role that reports centrally, and is responsible for supporting site teams with subject matter expertise and support in rolling out recommendations from Reliability Engineers and specialized global programs including Hydrocarbon Management and Asset Integrity.
Key outcomes include:
- Provide support to site AM teams with technical maintenance engineering/advising needs including facilitating and overseeing technical inspections, managing technical vendors on sites, and providing guidance to scope out complex maintenance work
- Drive site implementation of best practices and standards developed by Reliability Engineers and subject matter expert groups within the AM OSN including Hydrocarbon Management and Asset Integrity
- Communicate global AM best practices and technical vision at a site level
Safety and Health
- Demonstrate proactive leadership in achieving a global Newmont culture of safety and health
- Actively promote Newmont’s safety standards and improvement initiatives
Support site AM teams with technical engineering expertise
- Implement solutions for gaps or challenges faced by site AM teams relating to maintenance engineering support
- Ensure site AM teams are supported with best-in-class technical support when planning complex tasks, selecting and managing technical vendors, and conducting inspections
- Providing training of site personnel to support Asset Management programs including hydrocarbon management and condition monitoring
- Lead inspections and root cause analysis investigations at site
Ensure governance and successful execution of AM OSN programs on sites
- Identify and mitigate challenges at sites relating to execution and governance of global reliability engineering, hydrocarbon management, and asset integrity programs and recommendations
- Act as site champion for Asset Management programs
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, a technical diploma, or equivalent industry experience
- ERP system experience desirable
- Understanding of reliability principles and data driven insights
- 3-5 years of experience in heavy industry
- Experience with manual and computerized maintenance planning systems
- Experience with change, communication and knowledge management methodologies
- Experience in implementing Asset Management principles and best practices across multiple sites
- Experience using analytical tools and processes that improve Asset Management performance, reliability and safety, reducing operating costs and maximizing return on assets
- Experience with root cause analysis of production loss and development of successful solutions to reduce losses
- Experience facilitating statutory / regulatory requirements
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to drive performance improvement initiatives in a complex and global organization
- An ability to quickly assess information to diagnose problems and opportunities, with a track record of strong professional judgement and critical thinking
- An ability to manage tasks both in-person and virtually
- Ability to manage and influence stakeholders across different functions and between site and central teams
- Demonstrated ability to create data-driven business decisions
- Bilingualism, French & English required
YOUR WORKING CONDITIONS :
- Eleonore Mine site (Fly-in, Fly-out from Montreal, Chibougamau, Matagami, Rouyn-Noranda, Val D’Or and Wemindji)
- Position may be required to travel domestically and internationally
- Flexible hours required to accommodate global nature of work
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than July 05, 2023.
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination, as well as other vaccinations that are required or recommended for entry into certain Newmont operating countries, protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. As a result, please note that Newmont requires up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination for any international travel by the workforce undertaken on behalf of the company. In addition, other vaccinations (e.g., yellow fever vaccine) may be required or recommended for international travel to certain Newmont operating countries. If you are offered this position and the position entails international travel, you will need to comply with these requirements. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law. Newmont may update its vaccination requirements, at any time, in its sole discretion.