- Period Of EmploymentContract
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP)
Réf. : 1705
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Electrician is part of the Mine Maintenance Services Supervision team. He/she is primarily responsible for electrical construction and maintenance work for all mine operations.
- Maintain and install and repair the telecom and distribution network.
- Maintain electrical equipment as: fans, compressors, drills, pumps, etc.
- Identify electrical problems
- Maintain the hoist according to the CSST inspection logbook and procedure
- Read and interpret electrical diagrams and drawings
- Carry out maintenance of the electrical system and keep records up to date
- Complete work order and order the material
- Comply with and apply the work and occupational health and safety procedures, as well as those related to the environment and surrounding communities
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of your duties
- Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Vocational studies diploma in electricity
- Qualification certificated (C License, excluding construction)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in electrical mechanical maintenance in the mining industry
- Mining modules 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7
- Valid Explosives permit
- Computer skills, knowledge of MS Office Suite, SAP and GMAO
- Bilingualism (an asset)
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Organizational skills
- Team work in a multicultural environment
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than March 18th, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.