Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Electrician is part of the Mine Maintenance Services Supervision team. He/she is primarily responsible for electrical construction and maintenance work for all mine operations.
- Maintain and install and repair the telecom and distribution network.
- Maintain electrical equipment as: fans, compressors, drills, pumps, etc.
- Identify electrical problems
- Maintain the hoist according to the CSST inspection logbook and procedure
- Read and interpret electrical diagrams and drawings
- Carry out maintenance of the electrical system and keep records up to date
- Complete work order and order the material
- Comply with and apply the work and occupational health and safety procedures, as well as those related to the environment and surrounding communities
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of your duties
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off.
- Vocational studies diploma in electricity
- Qualification certificated (C License, hors construction)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in electrical mechanical maintenance in the mining industry
- Mining modules 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7
- Computer skills, knowledge of MS Office Suite, SAP and GMAO
- Bilingualism (an asset)
- Ability to work at a remote site and in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot
- Organization and priority management skills
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than August 15, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights