The Electrician is part of the Mine Maintenance Services Supervision team. He/she is primarily responsible for electrical construction and maintenance work for all mine operations.
- Maintain and install and repair the telecom and distribution network.
- Maintain electrical equipment as: fans, compressors, drills, pumps, etc.
- Identify electrical problems
- Maintain the hoist according to the CSST inspection logbook and procedure
- Read and interpret electrical diagrams and drawings
- Carry out maintenance of the electrical system and keep records up to date
- Complete work order and order the material
- Comply with and apply the work and occupational health and safety procedures, as well as those related to the environment and surrounding communities
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of your duties
- Vocational studies diploma in electricity
- Qualification certificated (C License, hors construction)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in electrical mechanical maintenance in the mining industry
- Mining modules 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7
- Computer skills, knowledge of MS Office Suite, SAP and GMAO
- Bilingualism (an asset)
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Organizational skills
- Team work in a multicultural environment
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at https://jobs.newmont.com/job/Rouyn-Noranda-Electrician-Mine-QC/786115000/ no later than September 22nd, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.