Maintenance Electrician – Mine (2 Positions Available)
The Electrician is part of the Mine Maintenance Services Supervision team. He/she is primarily responsible for electrical construction and maintenance work for all mine operations.
• Maintain and install and repair the telecom and distribution network.
• Maintain electrical equipment as: fans, compressors, drills, pumps, etc.
• Identify electrical problems
• Maintain the hoist according to the CSST inspection logbook and procedure
• Read and interpret electrical diagrams and drawings
• Carry out maintenance of the electrical system and keep records up to date
• Complete work order and order the material
• Comply with and apply the work and occupational health and safety procedures, as well as those related to the environment and surrounding communities
• Perform all other tasks related to the performance of your duties
Training & Experience
• Vocational studies diploma in electricity
• Qualification certificated (C License, hors construction)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in electrical mechanical maintenance in the mining industry
• Mining modules 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7
• Computer skills, knowledge of MS Office Suite, SAP and GMAO
• Bilingualism French and English (an asset)
• 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
• Eleonore Mine Site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than October 18, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position is based at Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, which is a fly-in/fly-out operation. Pursuant to the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, COVID-19 vaccination is required for all travelers departing from Canadian airports, which includes flights to/from Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, subject only to some very limited exemptions. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or confirming that you have an exemption from the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, prior to your anticipated start date. Further, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination or exemption status prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request.