The Long-Term Planner is part of the Maintenance Group and works closely with the different Process and Surface Department teams. On a 14/14 schedule, this person is in charge of coding, stocking and ensuring work on the major components and updating the department’s stationary, mobile and electrical equipment programs. The incumbent of this position exercises leadership and has excellent team spirit to help the department achieve the established objectives with management oriented to best practices in reliability, planning and scheduling of maintenance work.
- Plan the work on the major mobile components according to the hours and budget.
- Code and stock the parts and evaluate their criticality.
- Ensure deployment of the complete maintenance plans for the major components.
- Do a good follow-up of the history of the major components of the production fleet.
- Prepare a long-term budget for the major components.
- Make the preventive maintenance adjustments and update based on the conditions observed.
- Follow up and review the maintenance key performance indicators (KPI) and see to their improvement.
- Develop strategies for optimization of costs of components and the department’s contracts.
- Coordinate and facilitate preparation, follow-up and feedback meetings
- Provide the follow-up and opinions following the inspection report produced by external stakeholders/specialists.
- Expedite and follow up parts with the suppliers.
- Plan legal inspections for the site infrastructure.
- Prepare a medium and long-term budget to ensure maintenance of site infrastructure.
- Follow up planning during the vacation periods of other planners.
- Support the Surface Mobile and Electrical Planner’s planning during his or her days off.
- Support the Supervisors in the event of specific needs.
- Know, respect and promote the health and safety, environment and community relations rules
- Take part in the health and safety activities of the services concerned
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of their duties
- University, college or vocational diploma in mechanics or electricity, or any other relevant training
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in heavy industry
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in maintenance planning
- Have a valid driver’s licence
- Computer knowledge MS Office; MS Project, Excel and SAP software (a major advantage)
- Experience in the mining field – an advantage
- Bilingual in French and English – an advantage
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Organizational skills
- Éléonore Mine Site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
- The schedule may change to adapt to the situation.
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than November 27, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position is based at Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, which is a fly-in/fly-out operation. Pursuant to the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, COVID-19 vaccination is required for all travelers departing from Canadian airports, which includes flights to/from Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, subject only to some very limited exemptions. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or confirming that you have an exemption from the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, prior to your anticipated start date. Further, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination or exemption status prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request.